Thursday, April 10, 2008

10. Körkarlen (The Phantom Carriage) - 1921

This is yet another place holder. So many of these movies have never been available in the United States outside of theaters, but the critics recommending them for this book have apparently seen them.

The only copy I could find outside of importing a region 2 DVD was through a now-defunct torrent site (again, public domain and never available in region 1; get off my back). There were unfortunately no subtitles for the Swedish intertitles. I was hoping I could piece it together if the movie wasn't too heavy on intertitles; this proved impossible.

I was going to try using an online translator. This took too long and the reputation of online translators as being pretty terrible is 100% accurate. Unless I can find a translation somewhere, I will not be watching this any time soon.

No comments: